Thursday, October 9, 2008

Darcey.. oh, how I admire you!

This woman has had her share of heartache. She has had to walk through the valley of despair many times in her thirty four years. I have seen the pain in her eyes many times as we have talked. I always wonder why it seems like some people are asked to bear so much more then others. Darcey is a single parent of three small boys. Did Darcey want to be single? Heavens no! Her husband left her. She is now left to raise three boys alone. I love her so much. She is a wonderful mother. It is evident that her children are her first priority. She would do anything for them. Every time I see her she is making something for her kids or some family member. Darcey enjoys taking pictures and she is really quite good at it. She loves to photograph her children and scrapbook every minute of their lives. She always reminds me that I need to take more pictures. In fact, she took some of the pictures on my homepage. I especially love the one she took of Farihn. It's so beautiful!
One of the things I love about Darcey is that she always has time for you. She always makes a effort to make you feel like the most important person in the world when you are with her. It's never about her... it's always about you. I know her door is always open to me. Today I was so excited to show her something but we were having a hard time making what I wanted to show her work. I will never forget what she said to me. Her words were so precious. She said, " Your just so excited to show me, we have to make this work! I don't want your moment to be spoiled." I felt just like a little kid dying to show my mother something. She was so genuinely concerned about my happiness.
I can learn so much from Darcey. I pray that she will find all the happiness in the world. She deserves it! Darcey, I have never had to face some of the trials you have but, I hope if I did I would have the courage to face them like you have. Your my hero today! Thanks for caring more about my happiness than your own.