Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Wal- Mart guy!

Don't you just love the happy old people that greet you when you come into Wal-Mart? Do you ever just say to yourself, "What's he so happy about? He's like one- hundred years old working at Wal-Mart in a wheelchair with an oxygen tank." Over the last few years I have experienced many unexpected trials. You may be saying to yourself, "Where is she going with this?" Here is where.....It doesn't matter what your circumstances are. You have the power to decide how you will choose to deal with them. You can be happy no matter what you are going through. A very wise woman reminded me of this in my darkest hours. So now I pass these words of wisdom on to you. Maybe happy Wal-Mart guy has no other choice but to work in order to survive. Maybe...... or maybe he just does it for fun. Who knows? My guess is that it is probably because he has to. I'm sure none of us aspire to work at Wal-Mart when we are old. But if we had to, would we show up to work happy and ready to brighten the day of the thousands we greet? Wal-Mart guy, you're wonderful! Thanks for making the best of your circumstances. Your smile is just what I needed today! You are officially my hero for the day.
May I make a suggestion? If you find that you are struggling with the challenges of the day-to day life, stop thinking about you and start thinking about others. You will find that your problems really were not that big after all. Well, maybe they were big but, I promise this will make all the difference.