Sunday, September 28, 2008

Collete's smile

Today's thoughts..... I'm a pretty sensitive girl and today when I was at church something really tugged at my heart strings. A new family moved in a few weeks ago and are attending my church. I have the privilage of having one of the children in my Sunday school class. Her name is Collete. I absolutly love her. She is a darling little girl. Well anyways, I was running a little late ( which is not uncommon for me). I quickly grabbed a chair in the back before the prayer was about to be offered. As I sat down I was greeted by a warm smile from Collete. She and her dad and sisters were sitting in the row in front of me. You may have noticed, I didn't mention Mom that's because Collete's mom passed away a few months ago, leaving her father to raise three little girls ages five and under alone. As I looked up at her family a tear dropped from the corner of my eye as I noticed the attempt their father had made to dress and style the hair of these precious little ladies. The ponytails were lopsided and the dresses mismatched. I was just so impressed with him. What a man! I can't possible imagine what he has gone through. Yet he was there with his three little angels. ( And he arrived there before me! ) He is my hero for the day! I have decided to dedicate my thoughts to the heros all around me. So, Collete's dad, you are my hero! God bless you in all of your endevors. You are truely AWSOME! I am so grateful to have the chance to know your precious little Collete. She is a beautiful child of God.