Monday, September 29, 2008

Rachael (Code name Super Woman.)
Today I had the great opportunity to spend time with an elect lady. Her name is Rachael. Rachael is on my Top Ten list of women I would like to be like. She is a rare jewel.
Rachael is kind and sensitive. She never judges others. She always points out the best about those she speaks of. Rachael has more talents than I have time to list. I really would have a hard time believing that there are things Rachael does not know how to do. She is so willing to share all of her knowledge so freely.
A few weeks ago I asked her if she would mind if I taped her making her famous, very delicious, homemade wheat bread for my website. I know she was very unsure about this and I can understand that. It can be very intimidating to teach people how to do something on tape. Well, I was very excited when I saw her yesterday at church. She grabbed my arm and told me she would be making bread tomorrow and I was more than welcome to stop by and tape her. I'm so grateful for the time I spent with her. Rachael not only taught me how to make bread. She has wisdom beyond her years. She is like a hundred year- old woman in a thirty year- old's body. I felt so uplifted and inspired by her. I left her home with a resolve to be a better person. You know, Rachael will spend hours in her kitchen making bread each week only to turn around and give more of her loaves away to others then she keeps for herself. Today she already had made her list of people she wanted to drop a loaf off to.
Rachael you are my hero for the day! I know that there is a special place in Heaven just for you in the bakery of love. Keep up the good work. Your the best!